View Single Post
ferret
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-27-2007 , 13:30   Re: VoteManager API (votekick/ban/map/burn/gravity/etc)
Reply With Quote #10

Version 1.0 is almost ready.

Notable changes:
  • All vm_ and [VM] prefixes changed back to sm_ and [SM]
  • New native "TriggerVote" allows a plugin to issue a vote. Please note that TriggerVote() does NOT check your arguments. If you supply a list of maps that don't exist, VMgr Core doesn't care.
  • "Optional/Non-Required Native" code added
  • sm_vote <question> <answers> added
  • RegisterVote stock now allows you to specify whether or not an sm_vote<name> command should be created. Useful for people who want to use Vote Manager with their plugin with TriggerVote, but not have an actual command.
  • All public natives, stocks, and forwards are no longer prefixed with VM_. Sorry, I didn't like that
  • VM_OnCoreReady changed to OnVoteReady. I'm not 100% sure I like this change yet, may use something else. OnVMgrCoreReady?
  • IsCoreReady() will handle checking if vmgr_core is loaded, as part of the non-required natives code. Also will be renamed to something like "IsVoteReady()", see above note.
  • VoteType:MultiString uses the first NON-TARGET argument as the title of the vote. This is mostly for use with TriggerVote, but sm_vote is also a MultiString vote. I'm not 100% sure about this. I may leave MultiString like it was in 0.8, and add another VoteType for this
Stuff I'm still considering and haven't started:
  • Removing the static arrays used to store votes and replacing wtih new Array ADT
  • INS say2 support. Will probably wait to see what changes in INS 1.2