View Single Post
Simon Logic
Old 02-15-2007 , 03:57   Re: DeathMsg Fix
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Destros View Post
1. Hence my point. Why would anyone run this if they aren't using CS. They probably SHOULD get a bad load rather than having a plugin load that does nothing.
First of all, too many people still can't read attentively. They easily may miss the point that this plugin is for CS only. So question like "Why would anyone run this if they aren't using CS" should never occure. Secondly, the primary rule of good programming habits is to handle every error if possible and print user friendly desciptions (not like those the microsoft put into event log =) ).

Quote:
3. if(!(is_user_alive(id) || g_bDeathMsg[id] || g_bCriticalDamage[id])) is the same as
if(!is_user_alive(id) && !g_bDeathMsg[id] && !g_bCriticalDamage[id])
which always appears to return true (assuming 'id' was killed) since every time ResetHUD you set both of them to false.
onPlayerSpawn() is called on alive players only. g_bCriticalDamage was introduced to filter out other Damage events after a bug was catched. Otherwise my plugin could send more than one DeathMsg during single death.

Quote:
Shouldn't you also call client_disconnect to ensure the boolean variables are reset to false (If they disconnect before ResetHUD is called)?
Simple answer - try/test it. I suppose it can not occure.

Yesterday i discovered that this plugin fixes DeathMsg absence for C4 kill. So if you're using plugin which allows to plant C4 everywhere, may be it's for you too. By the way, this plugin may be incompatible with VEN's Bomb Explosion Features.

Last edited by Simon Logic; 02-15-2007 at 04:28.
Send a message via Skype™ to Simon Logic