View Single Post
mydas
Old 09-25-2005 , 00:32   something that troubles me ... about hero names
Reply With Quote #1

i'm a bit concerned with the fact that ... as y'all know, speed/health/armor/gravity heroes appear everyday, with fancy names & stuff. the problem is ... some people might really want to make original heroes named that way. what do you ppl think, who has more right over a hero's name, a hasty uncool hero or an elaborate, original but that-came-out-later one ?

ok, lemme give you an example. i wanna make a hero that makes you invisible for 3-4 secs whenever someone points the mouse at you ... a very annoying hero. the name that fits best IMO is Mirage. i'll make the hero, but the problem is Mirage is already taken. i don't want teh hero to be named neither "cinderella", nor "Mirage v2". so let's take a look at the current Mirage ... (http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30764)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4haze
Description:
MiRAGE-Uberness Phase/Health/Speed/Armor/Proto

// CVARS
// mirage_cooldown # of seconds before mirage can NoClip Again
// mirage_cliptime # of seconds mirage has in noclip mode.
// mirage_level - What level till they can use mirage (Default 15)
// mirage_speed - How fast can this mirage run? (Default 375)
// mirage_health - How much health for mirage? (Default 125)
// mirage_armor - How much armor for mirage? (Default 120)
// mirage_delay - how long after shooting does the shield kick in?

AMX.

NOTE: HERO STILL IN PROGRESS

hero isn't even over, but it's already posted in the New Submissions subforum. what to do ? i think a system should be made ... for instance, for people to vote (so a poll) over two heroes with the same name, which one to keep it. based on what they do, of course, not on friendships and thus. sorry if i sound boring, but i doubt i'm the first one that sees his heroname taken :/

(no offense, p4haze ... it's the best example i could give)

My heroes: SLAYER, Akasha, Achilles, Robo-Ky,Justice, Potemkin, Juggernaut, Mirage, Leviathan, Tyrael, Marduk, Omega Red
Send a message via Yahoo to mydas