View Single Post
alliedfront
Old 02-12-2024 , 11:05   Re: [L4D1 & L4D2] Votekick - no black screen (Coop & Versus)
Reply With Quote #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
>> c) Added to

may open a window to abuse the functionality denying the whole sense of such protection. It's better not to allow cancelling the vote that way more than once in a specific time window.

>> c) I propose changing the standard message

For me, wording "Kicked by console" doesn't say anything useful. I don't even know how to translate it the way so it doesn't sound terrible. "You have been voted off" looks the same terrible for me. In real he is kicked by people, not by console.

>> "en" "Reason not specified"

Didn't you miss "is" ?
- 1. c) I think that you shouldn't get a time penalty if you don't initiate a vote. However, this could potentially be exploited to spam the feature, it's true. You have a point here. Leave case MenuAction_Cancel out or alternatively, you may also give a shorter penalty there to prevent spam, like iLastTime[param1] = 30;

- 2 c) It's 1 : 1 wording of vanilla L4D. It may sound a little bumpy, that's true. I was also rather conflicted about this but ultimatively decided in favour of it. But, in case you don't like it, just keep the old wording "You have been kicked from this session".

- "Reason not specified"

Without "is" is correct. Google translator also proposes: "Reason not given".

Update 20.02.2024:

Hello, I hope you are well. As I wrote above, you are right that the feature under 1. c could be exploited. I therefore suggest setting the time penalty in case of menu abort to one second to prevent the functionality from being abused:
PHP Code:
        case MenuAction_Cancel:
        {

// client (id: param1) has decided not to not start the vote, but to cancel it -> 
            // his 60-second penalty set in IsVote Allowed is neutralized so that he can open the vk menu again immediately afterwards
            // penalty is just as low in order to prevent spamming the server with open menu cmds

iLastTime[param1] = 1;
        } 
But these and the other suggestions of mine above are not important imo, apart from fixing the bug in 1. a and the changes to both functions in 1. b.

Last edited by alliedfront; 02-21-2024 at 23:19. Reason: Style, expression improved