Thread: Sm_Skinchooser
View Single Post
evans
Old 07-26-2023 , 09:53   Re: Sm_Skinchooser
Reply With Quote #2998

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
Here, try this modified version 2.7 from first post. Modified lines 266, 278, & 1001

Changed
PHP Code:
if (FileExists(path true)) 
to
PHP Code:
if (FileExists(path)) 
FileExists

Perhaps FileExists (with use_valve_fs true) being called with "// NONE" that you have in a couple of places in your skins.ini is causing the crash?

Use quickdiff.com to check the changes
So far what i found, it's probably better to put all the files to sm downloader/precacher download file instead of skinchooser downloads ini files. At least for me it works better.

Ok, but what i wanted to say is i had probably never so much hassle with any plugin before like with this. In compare with zombie:reloaded player skins management, in ZR is it a walkaround in paradise and this is quite nightmare. There is huge sensitivity for literally every extra character or empty space in config file, in other words, one more space somewhere and it does not work. Plus another important thing, I tried every version of this plugin (3.0, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3) and it keeps my linux server still crashing (Engine error: Host_Error: Bad string. I found one post with solution (there must not be empty admin sections) in this thread from
senior member "Old and Slow" from TX, but it did not help to me. Yep, windoze has no problem but in linux it's a pain to get it work for most people probably. Probably that's why this thread has over 300 pages..
At the end after some code rewrites i made this plugin work as expected, finally, but it took me a day and half to get it work as it should.
Version 2.7 now works in linux and mainly many thanks to "TnTSCS" sourcemod donor who made a decisive change to the code and it helped me a lot..

Thanks a lot man !!! Cheers..

Last edited by evans; 07-28-2023 at 05:06.