View Single Post
Maximilian_
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2021 , 07:55   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeAlex14 View Post
Yeah sure, when you spend days and weeks on the project for your super boss and you want to add it on your server for your community and someone just take this shit because he downloads it, wow, it's really fun.

Btw, i go back to your last post where you said "FF2 community needs to ask valve for sounds etc", Man, there is 2 types of content: public and private, public is released for everyone, and when you create and share a game, you need to make it public. Private is just done by 1 person for someone so don't take his work thanks. Btw, you can found a lot of public boss on this forum, so don't steal from other server.
When you're uploading your boss to your server and making it fully downloadable (except configs, subplugins and their source codes) - you're making agreement, that it will become public, because these files will be downloaded to clients.

You can stay your plugins and configs at your server and it'll be private, but someone can recreate them.

If someone taking your files to make the same boss, that's means, that they're love it, is this bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolaxie View Post
So you mean, by your logic, i can steal something from you, sell it and if you expose me, i can say the item wasn't hidden in a vault.

(Damn, life would suck.)
No, you misunderstood me, you can't take something from me, because I did not allow. The thought is you're allowing to download bosses files (models, materials, sounds) by yourself. That's your decision

Last edited by Maximilian_; 10-12-2021 at 08:06.