View Single Post
Sheepdude
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-23-2012 , 00:17   Re: [CS:GO] Bullet Penetration Filter (1.1)
Reply With Quote #8

Thanks for the feedback, I did what you guys suggested and uploaded it as "oldbulletpenetrationfilter.sp". Unfortunately the traceray solution had a couple problems which I couldn't remedy, one of which being that if the first player to be shot died, the traceray wouldn't be able to detect them and would think the second player was not being hit by a penetrating bullet. The second issue was that it was impossible to deal with bullet spread.

When I started thinking about how to fix the first problem, I realized my solution didn't need tracerays at all. So here you go. This solution still has problems with shotguns, though.

New Version
  • Version 1.1 (22 November 2012)
    -Plugin no longer uses tracerays to determine penetration. As a result:
    -Bug fix: Weapon spread is no longer an issue.
    -Bug fix: Penetration rules work as intended if the first player to get shot dies.
    -Plugin no longer affects bullet penetration through world entities and non-player entities.
    -Added convar sm_penetration_shotguns as a workaround for an introduced issue:
    -Known issue: Shotgun spread which hits multiple players may not work as intended. Use sm_penetration_shotguns 0 to fix this.
    -Plugin is now specific to CS:GO.