View Single Post
St00ne
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2011 , 18:26   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #16

I did something like that already, and it works.

If you want to use that plugin with mapscfg (I'm using this one: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=543922), you have to make players download and precache models before mapchange, regardless of sm_soccermod_enable.

Code:
public OnConfigsExecuted()
{
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/skin_foot_a2.vmt");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/skin_foot_a2.vtf");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.dx80.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.dx90.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.phy");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.sw.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.vvd");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.xbox.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/skin_foot_a2.vmt");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("materials/models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/skin_foot_a2.vtf");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.dx80.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.dx90.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.phy");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.sw.vtx");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.vvd");
    AddFileToDownloadsTable("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.xbox.vtx");
    PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/away2/ct_urban.mdl");
    PrecacheModel("models/player/soccermod/termi/2010/home2/ct_urban.mdl");
}
I maintain that if you do not do so, models won't load properly on a soccermap. It is much better to make players download the skins as soon as they enter the server, even if it's not a soccer map. Every other function of the plugiun is disabled (sm_soccermod_enable "0").
Then when you go to a soccer map, there is no bug, no crash, skins are applied at respawn because sm_soccermod_enable is set to 1.

I have just one more question:

Instead of removing completely "crush damages" (when the ball hits a player), is it possible to lower them?

Thanks for your anwsers,

Regards,

St00ne

Last edited by St00ne; 01-05-2012 at 23:15.