Franc1sco
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2011 , 14:35   Re: [CS:S] SoccerMod
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ne View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the update.

I'm still having pbs with loading models on mapchange because I want to use it with mapscfg so that it is enabled only on soccer maps.

Maybe there's a conflict with another plugin, or maybe plugin needs to be enabled on server start because when I enable it only for ka_maps, sometimes models won't load and I get the "error" skin.

Anyway otherwise plugin works fine.

++

EDIT: I tried everything but models won't load at map change. I am using mapscfg that can be found here: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=543922
I set my configs this way:
In sourcemod.cfg: sm_soccermod_enable "0"
In ka_.cfg (using mapscfg): sm_soccermod_enable "1"
But I guess the value should be set to 1 before mapchange or else models won't precache.

This is not your fault Franc1sco and I guess there's nothing to do...
However, maybe you could try to make plugin precache models even if sm_soccermod_enable ist set to 0.
This way, players would preload models as soon as they join the server, no matter if the current map is a soccer map or not.
The rest of the plugin would be disabled using mapscfg (-> sm_soccermod_enable 0).
Then, when the server changes to a soccer map, players will already have models, and the rest of the plugin (like the no damage function, etc...) will be activated via mapscfg (-> sm_soccermod_enable 1).
If you could take a look at it, that would be great.

In the meantime, I'll keep on using your plugin that I edited and recompiled without all the "models part".

Anyway many thanks for making and sharing this plugin, I might be wrong but it seems that it's the only plugin for soccer existing on this website...
In the new version, the models is precached always, no matter the value of the cvar (sm_soccermod_enable).

Maybe your problem is with downloading content server (your server host, fastdl, etc)

You like my work? +Rep in my steam profile comments or donate.

Send a message via MSN to Franc1sco