View Single Post
Sandfly
Old 06-30-2010 , 00:00   Re: What improvements can be made in Zombie:Reloaded?
Reply With Quote #8

Back in the day when we topped out the rankings with the old Zombie Mod, our server was one of the main beta test beds for that mod.

I remember the months and months of trying to get the Dev to improve just ONE area of it .. and then often than not, it wasn't done, or half done when the lone dev - who refused to make it open source - felt like it.

Notwithstanding the fact we were charged $$ for the dubious privilege of gaining a beta version for each 'update' which more often than not created other dramas within the Mod itself, or was a compete disappointment anyway.

I would like to not even acknowledge the Zombie mod forum, or those devoted to it .. it's their choice, and best of luck with that.
The proponents of Zombie mod are right in that Zombie Reloaded cannot compare to Zombie Mod.

Zombie: Reloaded is progressive, consultative, evolving and stable. It has active development backed up by a highly regarded community. It has so many more included surprises, improvement and capabilities within it's coding than Zombie Mod could even begin to dream about.

So those few who want to rubbish ZR compared to their blinkered views on ZM - you are dead right .. ZR cannot compare.. nor would it, I suggest, WANT to compare!

Not for all the money in the world would we go back to Zombie Mod ... why would we? What possible incentive is there to go from a Silk Purse back to a Sow's Ear?

It's obvious in the amount of Forum activity in the other place anyway of how much interest is there... and most of the initial respected long term (5 years or better) hard core Zombie Mod server admins and sys admins have LONG AGO deserted it ... they, like us, just got too sick & tired of waiting and hanging off hollow, non-progressive promises and non-development.

No thanks, not anymore. Zombie Reloaded kicks Zombie Mod back into the dark ages, where it never really emerged from, despite the promise it showed initially back all those years ago. Anyone thinking Zombie Mod is a better, more stable, more flexible or better optioned Mod than Zombie Reloaded, well, you keep believing that, as I will be the last to disturb your Fool's Paradise.
|IC| UltimateZombie: Reloaded - IP: 117.20.5.153:27015

|IC| Ultra GunGame SM - IP: 117.20.5.153:27018