View Single Post
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2010 , 11:51   Re: [L4D(2)] SuperVersus [1.5.4]
Reply With Quote #702

I use superversus (modded, but in the core still the same) + l4dtoolz.
MM 1.8, SM 1.3.0(stable, no snapshot). windows xp pro SRCDS.

my cfg cvars:
sv_visiblemaxplayers 16 //how many slots does your server have, put this value here.
//L4Dtoolz only
sv_maxplayers 16 //l4dtoolz only
sv_removehumanlimit 1 //l4dtoolz only
sv_unlock_sb_add 1 //l4dtoolz only
sv_force_unreserved 1 //l4dtoolz only

That`s all whatīs necessary to unlock the slots.
To make use of them you need to set the cvars from superversus, too:
l4d_survivor_limit 8
l4d_infected_limit 8
l4d_XtraHP 1
l4d_killreservation 0

Thatīs all I use. I used the modded version from superversus sind August 2009 and also the original version, I never had a problem with too few players on 1 side. Btw.... I forgot to ask: Do you have enough slots on that machine ? I dont see if you have problems with the survivors bots too but I always ask this despite the fact it might be unnecessary -> If itīs running at a hoster, you probably got only 8 slots ? If thatīs the case you have to buy more of course. If you run it local, you can manage the slot count yourself, itīs the -maxplayers xx stuff you have to add as start parameter. Like this: D:\gameserver\left4dead2\srcds.exe -console -game left4dead2 -maxplayers 16 +map c5m1_waterfront +sv_lan 0

I do NOT use any infected bot plugin, they always did something weird on the server and people couldnīt spawn. I can only say that itīs best to remove ALL plugins which are not being provided by SM 1.3.0 package except l4dtoolz, superversus. You have to make the basics work first, anything else is not necessary at this moment. The more you mod despite the basic is not running properly YET the more frustrated you might get. I hope it works now for you! cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickerd View Post
So, been working on my server for a few days. It's an 18 player, 9 vs9 running superversus under l4dtoolz. Not using left 4 Downtown as I had a bug that when having l4dtoolz and it running, the server would read 32 ppl.

Beyond that, ive got it working so 18 ppl could join, although havent filled it yet. My prob is, I cant get more than 4 ppl on infected to save my life. Ive tried everything. All the cvars are set, and using infected bots and the such.

Anyone have this issue that could point me out to what im doing wrong? If you need to see my configs let me know. Dying to get this working properly. Ive had more than 4 on survivor while having 4 on infected, still cant join infected, so I dont think its an autobalance thing.

Reserved slots are disabled, but I do believe autobalance is on, if that matters.

Last edited by Skorpion1976; 01-23-2010 at 11:59.