AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   [CS:S|ANY?] Voice Data Crash Fix [Updated 22-Dec-2022] (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=340957)

Franc1sco 12-20-2022 13:07

[CS:S|ANY?] Voice Data Crash Fix [Updated 22-Dec-2022]

Description

Plugin for prevent the voice data overflow exploit that crash the clients on the server with this message:
Code:

Disconnect: Buffer overflow in net message.
And this spam on console:
Code:

Netchannel: unknown net message (48) from [Server IP Address:Port]
Tested recently on my css server where people still try to use this exploit.

You will see the attempts on addons/sourcemod/logs/voicedata_crashfix.log
Example:
Code:

L 12/17/2022 - 20:09:41: [voicedata_crashfix.smx] username (ID: STEAM_0:0:{steamid} | IP: {client ip}) was kicked for trying to crash the server with voice data overflow. Total packets: 5800

Requeriments:

Latest sourcemod version with the new speaking natives.
Or VoiceannounceEX and this branch instead if you are using a old sourcemod version.

Cvars:
Autogenerated file on cfg/sourcemod/ on first load.
Code:

// How many packets per second max?
// -
// Default: "92"
sm_voicedatacrashfix_count "92"

// Punishment. 0 = Just mute, 1 = Kick, 2 = Perm ban
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "2.000000"
sm_voicedatacrashfix_punishment "1"

Credits:

Credits to this topic where people used the exploit on cs:go but valve fixed it, but this exploit still works on games like CS:S. I made some improvements and posted here for find it easily with support for old and recent sourcemod versions.

Download:

Main repository
Direct download
Code changes

For old sourcemod version use this:

Main repository
Direct download
Code changes

Franc1sco 12-20-2022 13:57

Re: [CS:S|ANY?] Voice Data Crash Fix [Updated 20-Dec-2022]

Version 1.2

-Added logic for kick invalid steamids instead of ban (because ban should not work on invalid steamids).

ted2020 12-20-2022 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2795616)
Version 1.2

-Added logic for kick invalid steamids instead of ban (because ban should not work on invalid steamids).

Thanks for the updated version

It seems kick does not work. Also it seems its spitting out "INVALID" now. I tried changing it to mute now.

Franc1sco 12-20-2022 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted2020 (Post 2795622)
Thanks for the updated version

It seems kick does not work. Also it seems its spitting out "INVALID" now. I tried changing it to mute now.

I set steamid manually to "INVALID" when is not a valid steamid. Try this version that change kickid to KickClient.

Also check log errors. Mute should occur on any case.

EDIT: I added double check for the steamid.

ted2020 12-21-2022 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Franc1sco (Post 2795631)
I set steamid manually to "INVALID" when is not a valid steamid. Try this version that change kickid to KickClient.

Also check log errors. Mute should occur on any case.

EDIT: I added double check for the steamid.

I'll try it tonight. It would be nice if it would IP ban him aswell with "addip IP".. just as an extra measure.

Yeah, I noticed that we have KickClient and KickClientEx. Regarding the mute, funny enough it seems it never really mutes the player, meaning he keeps being able to send data to the server that relays back to other players.

Franc1sco 12-22-2022 17:26

Seems that now it works well for not validated users
Before the update:
Code:

L 12/20/2022 - 22:30:01: [voicedata_crashfix.smx] uwu (ID: STEAM_ID_STOP_IGNORING_RETVALS | IP: {ip}) was kicked for trying to crash the server with voice data overflow. Total packets: 6350
After the update:
Code:

L 12/22/2022 - 23:02:24: [voicedata_crashfix.smx] uwu (ID: STEAM_0:1:{steamid} (Not Validated) | IP: {ip}) was kicked for trying to crash the server with voice data overflow. Total packets: 6350
So now it show too the real steamid (yeah he tried multiple times). I uploaded the dev to the main repositories.

Version 1.3

-Added logic for not validated users.

Now the next I added logic for ban IP from not valid users to the dev version. But probably I could automatic ban the steamid too since now I can handle it.

coolzie 01-23-2023 19:44

Re: [CS:S|ANY?] Voice Data Crash Fix [Updated 22-Dec-2022]

I don't remember if plain thank you posts are allowed on this forum or not, delete if necessary. But thank you so much Franc1sco. After a little tinkering to avoid kicking regulars who were clearly not exploiting, this plugin works great.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️