AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   Weapon Rewards Advanced (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=56264)

theY4Kman 06-10-2007 04:18

Weapon Rewards Advanced

4 Attachment(s)
After installing FlyingMongoose's Weapon Rewards, I thought it would be great to be able to have different values for kills at different distances. So, I did just that, and I'm giving it to you :up:

I have attached here the zip, rar, cfg, smx, and sp. The smx files were compiled with revision 937, so use the sp file to build it with your version. Also, like the original, use sm_weaponrewards to turn the plugin on or off. It defaults to 1.

Instructions on editing the settings are in the weapon_rewards.cfg file in addons/sourcemod/configs. If you have any questions about the config, or with anything else, please post. I'd love to hear suggestions!

To install
:
  • With the zip or rar
    • Extract to your cstrike folder
  • With individual files
    • Click on the "Get Plugin" button below and download the .smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins/
    • Click on "weapon_rewards.cfg" below and download the file to addons/sourcemod/configs
Of course, thanks to FlyingMoose for writing the original plugin. Think of this script as a mod to his...

sslice 06-10-2007 13:02

Re: [PLUGIN] Weapon Rewards Advanced

So.. what does this do? :o

PureSpider 06-10-2007 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by theY4Kman (Post 487651)
...different values for kills at different distances.

Um... I think the plugin does what is said here :D

FlyingMongoose 06-10-2007 18:59

It does the same thing as my weaponrewards plugin sslice and also adds in distance calculations to allow for more awards based on distance from the "target".

This is the kind of stuff I wanted to update WeaponRewards (mine) with, but I just had other plugins take the "fore-front", so I told him he could take it over ;).

If you do wish to upgrade WeaponRewards I highly suggest this.

sslice 06-11-2007 02:05

Ah, ok.. didn't really understand the distance thing.

Shaman 06-11-2007 06:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by sslice (Post 488015)
Ah, ok.. didn't really understand the distance thing.

Killer---------->Victim (Distance: 10m)
You killed from 10m. It is easy to target from 10m you get a normal bounty.

Killer---------------------------------------->Victim (Distance: 40m)
You killed from 40m. It is hard to target from 40m so you get a better bounty.

Olly 06-12-2007 13:23

So this plugin favours Snipers :o

IMO it should be worth more the closer you are, because you are easier to hit when you are close.

Unless you remove Snipers from the equasion because they will always be the furthest away

theY4Kman 06-12-2007 22:28

With an AWP or Autosniper, it is easier to kill someone than with a scout. Is that not true? Not bashing on them, but it is easier. That being said, you get less money for a kill with an AWP or Autosniper in the first place, so it doesn't matter how far away you are.

FlyingMongoose 06-12-2007 23:23

it depends really, but IMO scout is signifiantly easier, no recoil reduction on motion when scoped and moving w/ a scout. It takes less actual "skill" imo to handle a scout than awp, or even autosniper.

theY4Kman 06-13-2007 00:12

I guess it's all an opinion...With the scout, though, you have the possibility of needing two shots to kill someone. It's almost impossible to need two hits with an AWP. With Autosnipers, it doesn't really matter...They're semi-automatic.