AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved/Old Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Anti Silent Run v0.1.2 (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=54795)

VEN 05-04-2007 04:55

Anti Silent Run v0.1.2

3 Attachment(s)
Probably many of you heard about "silent run" exploit that allow to a player increase movement speed and makes his foot steeps nearly silent. This plugin resets player movement speed on double duck to prevent use of that exploit.

[X]-RayCat 05-04-2007 05:42

Re: Anti Silent Run

Its not even legal to bind +duck mwheelup or something.. Useful ;D

datwinkle 05-04-2007 07:15

lol, anyway nice plugin as usual.

wenlong_115 05-04-2007 07:40

cool boY

VEN 05-04-2007 08:07

Quote:

Its not even legal to bind +duck mwheelup or something..
FYI: to reproduce silent run it's not necessarily to use mwheel. It can be achieved with default binds.

VEN 05-04-2007 09:23

Re: Anti Silent Run v0.1.1

New version: 0.1.1 (fixed: speed was reset on jump duck).

P4rD0nM3 05-04-2007 09:51

It's legal to bind +duck to mwheelup. As long as it's only doing +duck and nothing else. As long as it's 1:1, it's legal.

Howdy! 05-04-2007 14:14

If i remember right, you cant hit duck 3times in a row else its count as silentrunhack. :P

Vm|Mayhem 05-05-2007 13:48

I love you VEN! Been waiting for this.

Brad 05-05-2007 15:36

LOL. I must be dumb. Whatever this exploit is, I don't think I can do it.

Reaper2331 05-05-2007 16:15

lol brad dont feel left out i am the same way

Vm|Mayhem 05-05-2007 17:28

I can't do it either, but I'm glad someone finally stopped it. It was very annoying.

And I've been crying about it since 9/06..lol
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=45186

P4rD0nM3 05-06-2007 16:50

It distorts hit-boxes and makes you look awkward while moving. It's really not silent...just less noise.

Vm|Mayhem 05-06-2007 16:57

1 Attachment(s)
I did notice something odd that the plugin does. On falling maps like freefalltohell, you can make yourself freeze in the air by tapping the crouch key. People have told me they can do the same when jumping off bridges.

kobri 05-06-2007 18:48

Can't you just block the whole +duck command if it is performed more frequently than 200ms for example ?

VEN 05-07-2007 08:12

Re: Anti Silent Run v0.1.2

Quote:

I did notice something odd that the plugin does.
Thanks, this is now fixed in version 0.1.2.

Vm|Mayhem 05-07-2007 16:58

thanks.

klobb 05-24-2007 14:32

thank you so much! i hope this works i hate all these exploits so much. you have no idea.

Vm|Mayhem 05-25-2007 00:11

It works. People that use the exploit regularly on my server have been complaining. :)

MrCoolMan 05-27-2007 02:25

Very good script VEN is it possible to make so they get kicked if the make theese jumps

Like it kick when some one tries to make this kind a jump and that it will kick when the 3 jump is made!?

VEN 05-27-2007 08:47

I do not think that this is a good idea.

iggy_bus 06-03-2007 16:07

There are many players who are used to to this mouse scrl dn+duck thing so as this plugin blocks that, it is impossible for them to play so I was wondering if you could allow it for only 3 or 5 times. So block it after 3 or 5 time ???

VEN 06-04-2007 00:19

I didn't get why should i allow this for a certain time and why this makes it impossible to play?

iggy_bus 06-04-2007 18:19

It is impossible for someone who got used to use it so now they hardly move.

I just suggested if you could make a cvar or something to allow 3 or 5 times to do it.

VEN 06-05-2007 00:18

I don't think that this is a good idea. They have to deal with this plugin because they trying to use exploit.

Mordekay 07-15-2007 05:24

Thx for this plugin VEN.
Users of this exploid are starting to become a plague.

But how much CPU intensive is this? I think i notice some very smal lag spikes since i have installed this...

gonzalo 11-17-2007 13:55

I think the plugin does work when it comes to stopping silent running and crouch running but I've noticed if affects some parts of the game flow. For instance, it won't allow you to crouch peek or won't allow you to double crouch into the vents on nuke. You normally need 3 ducks on each, sometimes 4 for crouch peek. Any chance of you updating this plugin to prevent these problems?

P4rD0nM3 11-17-2007 16:53

What do you mean gonzalo? Crouch peek works just fine.

gonzalo 11-17-2007 18:38

When you crouch peek, normally your crouch+strafe and then crouch +strafe back. The plugin stops the double crouch motion so basically, you're stopped on your tracks while trying to crouch+strafe back.

On the nuke vents, you double crouch really quick to go in vents quickly (for instance when rushing inside through the squeaky door and want to plant lower. Well, since after the second crouch you should still keep the forward motion to actually go in the vent, with the plugin you're stop and can't actually go in the vent.

This is why I suggest allowing 2 ducks and stopping the 3rd one. In any case, allow a setting to determine how many ducks you'd like to allow in your server(s).

Rattlesnake 11-23-2007 00:32

i had this running in my server yes it works but if someone has hlsw (newer and older one ) some how they are allowed ot use amxx with out the rcon pw on your server. ive tested it when my cousin was trying to changelevel and the rcon said bad but he could kick ppl in hlsw with amx.

VEN 11-26-2007 10:36

Rattlesnake, i highly doubt that your problem is related to this plugin. You have to filter this out somehow. See AMX Mod X general help forums' section for more information.

Rafael 01-26-2008 16:28

Thanks for that plugin. Hate those players trying to take advantage with this exploit.

anssik 01-26-2008 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy_bus (Post 485716)
It is impossible for someone who got used to use it so now they hardly move.

I just suggested if you could make a cvar or something to allow 3 or 5 times to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzalo (Post 554045)
When you crouch peek, normally your crouch+strafe and then crouch +strafe back. The plugin stops the double crouch motion so basically, you're stopped on your tracks while trying to crouch+strafe back.

On the nuke vents, you double crouch really quick to go in vents quickly (for instance when rushing inside through the squeaky door and want to plant lower. Well, since after the second crouch you should still keep the forward motion to actually go in the vent, with the plugin you're stop and can't actually go in the vent.

This is why I suggest allowing 2 ducks and stopping the 3rd one. In any case, allow a setting to determine how many ducks you'd like to allow in your server(s).

Both of them are right. A lot of skilled players use 2x "russian duck" aka silentrun when rushing off corners or to vents and other tricky movement. Even in very popular ClanBase with over 2 million active players, their rules state that 2 russian ducks will be allowed and after ducks after that will be considered abuse and resulting to a forfeit victory to opposing clan.

I'm 100% with iggy_bus and gonzales with this, you should make a limit that the third one and after that every consequent russian duck would be blocked

spimmih 02-10-2008 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by gonzalo (Post 554045)

Agreed. Can this be implemented in the next version of your silent run script please?

ahh*pot 03-04-2008 04:34

I have had this plugin on my server for about a week and some little bugs have bean presented to me by some of our players.

One player writes:
Quote:

Contrary to fixing it, it’s even worse now. You made it so someone can go from full speed to 0 speed in the blink of an eye. When they stop, their guns are completely accurate.
This definately helps players with an AWP as they can run out, do the exploit, the plugin stops them and they can shoot right away.

I was hoping that you may be able to tweak the plugin so that it inhibits the silent running, but still keeps the player moving at a walking speed. Or somehow puts a "spam filter" on the crouch key to disable crouch just long enough that they cant use it as an exploit after they use it once or twice.

porkpie 03-10-2008 08:39

this plugin is brilliant, installed it on my server yesterday and it has stopped all the shitters russianing, i have even had peeps saying they can get around the plugin, but no one has yet :P

thanks for it ;)

James 03-16-2008 19:09

VEN, Can you add variable for counting +duck usage? Like allow 2 crouch and THEN block it...

Mannekino 03-27-2008 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 597759)
VEN, Can you add variable for counting +duck usage? Like allow 2 crouch and THEN block it...

Agreed, would be nice to have this implemented.

ahh*pot 03-27-2008 20:24

I have mentioned this before, definitely needs an update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahh*pot (Post 592849)
I have had this plugin on my server for about a week and some little bugs have bean presented to me by some of our players.

One player writes:

This definately helps players with an AWP as they can run out, do the exploit, the plugin stops them and they can shoot right away.

I was hoping that you may be able to tweak the plugin so that it inhibits the silent running, but still keeps the player moving at a walking speed. Or somehow puts a "spam filter" on the crouch key to disable crouch just long enough that they cant use it as an exploit after they use it once or twice.

Vm|Mayhem 04-03-2008 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake (Post 555865)
i had this running in my server yes it works but if someone has hlsw (newer and older one ) some how they are allowed ot use amxx with out the rcon pw on your server. ive tested it when my cousin was trying to changelevel and the rcon said bad but he could kick ppl in hlsw with amx.

wth? That doesn't make any sense..lol

I tested HLSW and it didn't give me admin, without my rcon pasword.