AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Unapproved Plugins (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=342872)

noto3 06-04-2023 16:39

Re: [L4D2] Survivor Bot AI Improver

Crash: ABQI-OXP4-GBRF

JLmelenchon 06-06-2023 22:02

You're touching something that result in distance points not counting correctly sometimes in versus, first time i have that and it is since i have this plugin. I noticed that you do not add EventHookMode_PostNoCopy to round start even, it can create bugs.

Edison1318 06-07-2023 13:16

The survivor bots seem to unable to throw grenades or deploy upgrade ammo packs. They just repeatedly equip it without using it. Then goes back to their firearms and does it again.

Zuriii 06-07-2023 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edison1318 (Post 2805670)
The survivor bots seem to unable to throw grenades or deploy upgrade ammo packs. They just repeatedly equip it without using it. Then goes back to their firearms and does it again.

I was noticing the same issue I had to turn off that feature in the config because of that. They just spam swap between their primary weapon and grenade when attempting to throw a grenade and sometimes they get stuck in a loop until they die.

kooper990 06-08-2023 01:36

Does this conflict with Gear Transfer? I was considering disabling/removing that other plugin until I notice you did not programmed the bots to optionally give and receive items from players.

NeoTM 06-08-2023 06:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooper990 (Post 2805714)
Does this conflict with Gear Transfer? I was considering disabling/removing that other plugin until I notice you did not programmed the bots to optionally give and receive items from players.

It deem to work fine for me for the moment but i only tested it for 2 days.

I have set it to grab only the chainsaw and it seem to work fine.

i tested a bit with and without "Action" and didn't see much different for now, but i let Action installed for now for testing if there is crash people are playing on it.

However, since i have this plugin installed, Source Admin tool didn't show the rules and their value and it also don't show the metamod and sourcemod revision.

I also found my server restarting in loop yesterday and the error was "accelerator dump limit reached".

I erased the dump file in sourcemod/data/dump and it seem to have fix the issue.

I will see tonight if the server is still up

kooper990 06-08-2023 10:04

who knows, things did change with the improver version. I think I will wait it out and see replies from others

NeoTM 06-08-2023 15:27

I completely forgot to say to the author that his plugin is top.
The only thing I was not able to set was the bots behavior.
My servers was too hard to play with bots but a real pleasure to play with good players (which is rare), so i had to set it less hard because it was too painful to play solo.
Now, because of this mod, I can set my servers as hard as I wanted them and after a little setting for the process time to 1,5 and vision notice time scale to 1,8, bots are far better and useful.
But i must admit that the default settings made the bots too good (I was able to stand in place and do nothing and almost never get hurt while without the mod it was a real pain to stay alive).

kooper990 06-08-2023 15:50

I also experience other user's issue with bots stuttering with throwable items

NeoTM 06-08-2023 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by kooper990 (Post 2805750)
I also experience other user's issue with bots stuttering with throwable items

I had no problems in almost 4 hours of test but i found that the bots was kind of wasting pipe or bile bomb because they didn't throw them at the best moment or at the best place.

I prefer to use bots as storage as i use gear transfert.

But i set them to use the chainsaw and to deploy special ammo.

3 bots with chainsaw is really fun :)