AlliedModders

AlliedModders (https://forums.alliedmods.net/index.php)
-   Extensions (https://forums.alliedmods.net/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   [EXTENSION] Sidewinder (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=86817)

panda-xuc 06-08-2009 22:00

Re: [EXTENSION] Sidewinder

Have you tried it with crit tracker as 0 and the tracking on?
From what I understood, crit tracker is the convar that makes it only track crits.
Could be wrong, though.

Cooltad 06-08-2009 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda-xuc (Post 844611)
Have you tried it with crit tracker as 0 and the tracking on?
From what I understood, crit tracker is the convar that makes it only track crits.
Could be wrong, though.

Yes, I tried each possible combination of settings. None of which force homing with non-crit rockets or other projectiles.

panda-xuc 06-08-2009 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooltad (Post 844615)
Yes, I tried each possible combination of settings. None of which force homing with non-crit rockets or other projectiles.

Confirmed. Same thing happens with Linux as well.

Also, it doesn't seem to work with anything but pipebombs and rockets.

And, it seems homingchance, when set to 0, will not override the crit_tracker function, when set to 1.

panda-xuc 06-09-2009 00:23

Well, considering now that the rockets from a soldier work; would it not be possible to create an artificial entity that would perform the same event as the soldier's rocket-firing, to be able to have it start moving? (At set intervals of course)

naris 06-09-2009 03:23

Oh I should of also mentioned that the sm_sidewinder_enabled convar has bits to enable/disable each of the weapons:

Code:

//enum SidewinderEnableFlags (<<= 1)
//{
#define SidewinderDisabled    0  // Completly disable sidewinder
#define SidewinderSentry      1  // Enable sidewinder sentry rockets
#define SidewinderRocket      2  // Enable sidewinder soldier rockets
#define SidewinderArrow        4  // Enable sidewinder huntsman arrows
#define SidewinderFlare        8  // Enable sidewinder pyro flares
#define SidewinderPipe        16  // Enable sidewinder demoman pipe genades
#define SidewinderSyringe    32  // Enable sidewinder medic syringes
//};

naris 06-09-2009 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooltad (Post 844576)
Apparently they work..but, the weapons will -not- home unless they are crits and crit tracker is set to 1.

set sm_sidewinder_enabled = 63, the crit_tracker variable to 0 and the homingchance variable to 100 to make every shot track (or a smaller number for a percentage of shots).

naris 06-09-2009 03:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by panda-xuc (Post 844662)
Well, considering now that the rockets from a soldier work; would it not be possible to create an artificial entity that would perform the same event as the soldier's rocket-firing, to be able to have it start moving? (At set intervals of course)

Perhaps, but that's a whole different plugin (or extension)

panda-xuc 06-09-2009 14:52

And, I assume it's not as easy as just doing a debugging of the soldier's actions, and recreating it through an entity?

As for the sm_sidewinder_enabled 63, it works like a charm.

cornelius 06-11-2009 16:48

I think the whole homing projectiles is great. Thanks for creating the original sidewinder plugin and the extension to the sidewinder plugin. I got it up and running with no issues and haven't had an issue yet.

I think a next step to this plugin may be to add in limited/variable turning radii, so the projectiles don't make near perfect turns, plus it'll look a little more appealing. I could see tweaking the turning radii being used to help balance play (also spam) along with the probability variables that something tracks. I'm looking into this myself, but I'm not much of a coder.

MoggieX 07-18-2009 08:51

Absolute INSANITY !!! Will have a vid on this later today, kept the n00bs occupied for hours this morning!

Matt